As a part of our expansion, the new four-story building includes a human laboratory model of smoking behavior. The indoor smoking areas allow for controlled evaluation of pharmaceutical and tobacco products.
Our experience with both the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries, coupled with our innovative facilities and expert staff, ensures that we uniquely qualified to conduct these specialized clinical trials.
Our controlled ventilation smoking area is distinctly divided into two areas with independent ventilation systems to allow for the evaluation of:
- Smoking Cessation
- Tobacco Risk Assessment
- Nicotine Delivery
Scales and Assessments
Human Laboratory Model of Smoking Behavior
- Nicotine abstinence verification with expiration CO2 levels
- McKee’s smoking lapse task
- Wisconsin Smoking Withdrawal Scale (WSWS)
- Questionnaire of Smoking Urges (QSU)
- Profile of Mood States (POMS)
- Measures of Anxious Distress per the Clinically Useful Depression Outcome Scale Modified for Anxious distress (CUDOS-A)
- Assessment of Cigarette Effects (mCEQ)
- Minnesota Nicotine Withdrawal Scale (MNWS)
- Circumplex Scale
- Complete Nicotine Use Inventory (NUI)
- Smoking diary for outpatient periods
Recruitment and Staff Highlights
Large Database of Qualified Volunteers: Our sizable database has over 10,000 smokers.
Staff: Our clinic staff has expertise in conducting and managing complex clinical trials in healthy normal volunteers and special populations. Our recruitment team is experienced in finding and qualifying volunteers for clinical studies involving smoking and nicotine use.
Pharmacy: Our Pharmacists have extensive knowledge and experience in preparing and dosing complex clinical studies. We are proud of our robust pharmacy which includes a USP 797 certified clean room and negative pressure, HEPA filtered extemporaneous compounding room.
Our customizable full-service model allows sponsors to choose any or all support services, from protocol writing all the way through to clinical study report writing.
With more than one hundred dedicated bioanalytical scientists working with the latest equipment, we provide bioanalytical support for drug development for both small and large molecules.
Our leading bioanalytical laboratory team has extensive expertise with validated assays for nicotine (including metabolites) in plasma and urine.